During the Christmas and New Year's holiday season, Ratchaprasong is one of the most-decorated areas of Bangkok
is a shopping district in Pathum Wan
. Located at the Bangkok Skytrain
's Chit Lom Station and the intersection of Phloenchit and Ratchadrami Roads, the area is home to many shopping malls and hotels.
- Erawan Shrine – A Hindu/Buddhist shrine in Bangkok, Thailand that houses a statue of four-faced Brahma Sahampati has regular dance performances put on by a troupe paid by worshippers whose prayers at the shrine were answered. Five other shrines are located in the area as well: Pra-mae Lakshmi, Pra Tri Murati, Phra Pikanet (Ganesh), Pra Inn and Pra Narai song suban.
- Festive season lights – Every year around Christmas and New Year, Ratchaprasong is heavily decorated with lights. The decorations were started by Peninsular Plaza and The Regent hotel, and later expanded to Sogo (now named Amarin Plaza), CentralWorld, Central Chit Lom and Gaysorn. Bangkok Metropolitan Administration also provides lights along the Skytrain pillars. During the period, it is the brightest lit area of Bangkok.
- Foreign Correspondents' Club Thailand – Located in the penthouse of the Maneeya Building, the FCCT hosts guest speakers, talks on current events, movie screenings and art and photographic exhibitions.
- Central Chit Lom – Flagship department store of Thailand's biggest retail chain.
- CentralWorld – Southeast Asia's largest shopping mall.
- Gaysorn – An upscale shopping center devoted to designer-label luxury goods.
- Amarin Plaza – Formerly the Sogo Department Store, has shops devoted to Thai traditional arts and handicrafts as well as restaurants and other retailers.
- Big C Ratchadamri – Has shops, fitness center and 10-screen EGV Metropolis cineplex.
- Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok – Built on the site of the original Erawan Bangkok; also has a shopping arcade
- Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Intercontinental Bangkok – Has connecting bridge to Gaysorn through its President Tower shopping arcade.
- Four Seasons Hotel – Formerly The Regent Bangkok, at BTS Ratchadamri Station.
- Bangkok Skytrain
- Chit Lom Station connects to Central Chit Lom, Maneeya Center, Grand Hyatt Erawan, Gaysorn and CentralWorld. The walkway extends to Siam Station.
- Ratchadamri Station – a few meters walk to the Four Seasons Hotel and Royal Bangkok Sports Club.
- Khlong Saen Saeb – Pratu Nam Pier is nearby.
- City buses – More than 20 bus lines pass through the area.