RAF Great Massingham
was a World War II
Heavy Bomber airfield located just to the east of the Norfolk
village of Great Massingham
. The airfield was built as a satellite airfield of RAF West Raynham
in 1940. The airfield closed in 1945, although remained in use for storage until the 1950s. The airfield was sold in 1958 and returned to agricultural use. Although the runways are still present and still used.
The control tower has been demolished.
Squadrons based at Great Massingham