During World War II the area was used as a machine gun range. After the war, the land was transferred to the stewardship of the United States Department of the Army for the purpose of creating a National Cemetery. The cemetery was dedicated on Veterans Day in 1949 and has become a shrine to Puerto Ricans who have served in the United States military. In 1962, the remains from five other military cemeteries on the island were disinterred and transferred to the National Cemetery.
EMPLOYEES' COMPENSATION APPEALS BOARD ISSUES DECISION REGARDING L.P. AND VA, PUERTO RICO NATIONAL CEMETERY, BAYAMÓN, PUERTO RICO
Jul 16, 2007; The U.S. Department of Labor's Employees' Compensation Appeals Board issued the following decision: L.P., AppellantandDEPARTMENT...