is a small village in the borough of Darlington
and the ceremonial county
. It is situated between Darlington
, north of the River Tees
. It has a public house
and is close to Durham Tees Valley Airport
Oak Tree was historically
located in County Durham
, but for administrative
purposes is located in the borough of Darlington (borough)
, which became a unitary authority
on 1 April 1997. Until that date Oak Tree was administered as part of County Durham, along with the rest of the borough, and continues to share police and fire services with the county.
Oak Tree is located in the Middleton St George ward of Darlington, which as of 2005 is represented on the Borough Council by Doris Jones and Bill Maybrey (both Conservative). It is part of the Sedgefield parliamentary constituency, which as of 2005 is represented in the House of Commons by the Prime Minister, Tony Blair (Labour). Oak Tree is in the North East England region, which serves as a constituency for the European Parliament.
The local police force is Durham Constabulary. Oak Tree is in the Darlington division.
- Latitude and longitude: (54.52, −1.45)
- Elevation: 40 m (130 feet)
- Road access: A67 between Darlington and Egglescliffe passes directly to the north
- Rail access: Dinsdale, 2 km (1 mile)
- Nearest large village: Middleton St George, 2 km (1 mile)
- Nearest town: Darlington, 6 km (4 miles)