The North American Saxophone Alliance
is an organization
players from around North America
. Members are required to pay dues, which vary depending on age. NASA hosts regional conferences for each of its 10 regions. It also hosts a biennial international conference. The 2008
conference will be held at the University of South Carolina
The current president of NASA is Steven Stusek, from the University of North Carolina-Greensboro School of Music. The president elect is Debra Richtmeyer, from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign School of Music.
NASA is divided into eleven regions dividing Canada, the United States of America, and surrounding territories.
- Region 1: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Alaska
- Region 2: California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Hawaii
- Region 3: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa
- Region 4: Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, Arkansas
- Region 5: Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan
- Region 6: Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Puerto Rico
- Region 7: Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, Delaware, Washington, D.C.
- Region 8: New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
- Region 9: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon, Northwest Territories
- Region 10: Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island