The Norman Shaw Building
(formerly known as New Scotland Yard) is a building in Westminster
. Built by renowned architect Richard Norman Shaw
between 1887–1900, it originally was the location of Scotland Yard
(the headquarters of the Metropolitan Police
) until 1967, but has since been given its current name and from 1979 has been used as Parliamentary
offices; augmenting limited space in the Palace of Westminster
The building is in red and white brick in the Victorian Gothic style, and is located upon Victoria Embankment next-door to Portcullis House.