Stephens Media LLC
is a Las Vegas
diversified media holding company
that publishes over 30 newspapers in 8 states, primarily in Nevada and Arkansas.
The company has been expanding its interactive Internet business, where it operates online sites for its newspapers and portal sites like LasVegas.com, which is licensed to Greenspun Media Group. The company co-owns hawaii.com with Gannett. The company is also a partner in the California Newspapers Partnership with MediaNews and Gannett.
Sherman Frederick is the CEO of Stephens Media. Michael Ferguson is the Chief Operating Officer.
The company was formerly called Donrey Media Group
, which was founded by Arkansas media mogul Donald W. Reynolds
and based in Fort Smith
. Reynolds died in 1993. The company was then sold to the Stephens family of Arkansas, best known for their investment banking business Stephens Inc.
in Little Rock. Some of Donrey's properties were sold off, and the company moved its headquarters to Las Vegas, home of its largest newspaper, the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
The company was re-named Stephens Media Group in 2002. In 2007, the company became known as Stephens Media LLC.
- The Daily World
- Hawaii Tribune-Herald
- The Herald Democrat
- Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Las Vegas CityLife
- West Hawaii Today
- The Vidette (Montesano, WA)
- Southwest Times Record (Fort Smith, Ark.)
- The Morning News (Northwest Arkansas)
- Press Argus Courier (Van Buren, Ark.)
- Pine Bluff Commercial (Pine Bluff, Ark.)
- North Little Rock Times (North Little Rock, Ark.)
- Sherwood Voice (Sherwood, Ark.)
- Jacksonville Patriot (Jacksonville, Ark.)
- Maumelle Monitor (Maumelle, Ark.)
- Cabot Star-Herald (Cabot, Ark.)
- Lonoke Democrat (Lonoke, Ark.)
- Carlisle Independent (Carlisle, Ark.)
- Saline County Voice (Benton, Ark.)
- Hot Springs Village Voice (Hot Springs Village, Ark.)
- Van Buren County Democrat (Clinton, Ark.)
- The Daily Herald (Columbia, TN)
- The Advertiser News (Spring Hill, TN)
- Brentwood Life (Brentwood, TN)
- Franklin Life (Franklin, TN)