is a village and civil parish
in the Shepway
District in Kent
. The village is located on the Romney Marsh
, three miles (4.8km) west of Dymchurch
During the Second World War it was home to an RAF airfield that operated Hawker Tempest fighter aircraft under Wing Commander Roland Beamont which participated in the defence of the UK against the German V-1 flying bomb offensive of 1944. A Chain Home coastal radar station was also located there.
The parish church is dedicated to St Peter and St Paul The ecclesiastical parish forms part of the Romney Deanery of the Maidstone archdeaconry of the Diocese of Canterbury.