The New Club
, established in 1787, is a private club
. It originally met in Bayle's Tavern in Shakespeare Square at the east end of Princes Street
, in the New Town
. The Club then acquired its own premises in St Andrew Square
before moving to its present site at 86 Princes Street in 1837. Today's building dates from 1969.