- For other companies with similar initials, see NAI
Natural Alternatives International (NAI) is an American company based in San Marcos, California which manufactures custom nutritional supplements such as Juice Plus. NAI was founded in 1980 by Mark A. LeDoux,and as of 2007 have 241 employees. NAI's manufacturing facilities are located in Vista, California They also have operations in Switzerland and Japan.
NAI manufactures products which are then sold by other companies such as National Safety Associates
, Arbonne International
Enterprises, Jenny Craig
, and Dr. Reginald Cherry. NAI previously held a multi-million dollar contract with the U.S. Olympic Committee
, which expired in March 1997. NAI experienced a dramatic shift in its financial situation when NuSkin Enterprises, one of NAI’s largest customers, did not renew its manufacturing contract and began the process of transferring to another manufacturer. Sales subsequently declined 15.5% from $67.9 million USD in 1998, with a net profit of $5.9 million, to $57.4 million in 1999, with a net loss of $2.9 million.
One of their more notable products is Juice Plus
, launched in 1993, which was brought up during the O. J. Simpson murder case
in 1995, since O. J. Simpson
was the product's chief spokesperson. NAI manufactures Juice Plus products through an exclusive worldwide manufacturing agreement with National Safety Associates
. During the fiscal year ended June 30, 2006, National Safety Associates accounted for approximately 38% of NAI's net sales.
- Mark A. LeDoux, Chairman of the Board/Chief Executive Officer/Assistant Treasurer (officer since 1986)
- Randell Weaver, President/Secretary (officer since 2001)
- Kenneth Wolf, Chief Financial Officer (officer since 2008)
- John F. Dullea, Executive Vice President (officer since 1998)
- Alvin McCurdy, Vice President, Operations (officer since 2006)
- Lee G. Weldon, Director (officer since 1992)
- Joe E. Davis, Director (officer since 1997)
- Alan J. Lane, Director (officer since 2004)
- Alan G. Dunn, Director (officer since 2004)
- John A. Wise, Chief Science Officer (officer since 1992; retired June 2007)
- John R. Reaves, Chief Financial Officer (officer since 2002; retired November 2007)