Natthan Singh is an author of Hindi literature, a novelist and a Jat historian. He was born on 4 January 1923 in the family of Sardar Singh at village Karahra of Kurawali tehsil in Agra District of Uttar Pradesh.
He did his B.A. from Agra College, Agra
(1948); M.A. from R.B.S. College (1950); PhD (1957) and D.Lit. (Hon.) from Agra University.
He was lecturer in Janata Vedic College Baraut from 1954 to 1983. He retired from there in 1983.
Member of institutes
- He is life-member of Maharaja Suraj Mal Smarak Shiksha Sansthan, Delhi, Jat Shiksha Samiti Baraut, Digamber Jain Shiksha Samiti Badaut, Maharaja Surajmal Inter College Agra.
- Board of trustees, Agra College Agra
- Board of studies in Hindi, Agra University Agra
- External specialist Research Committee, Agra University Agra
- Member studies council, Meerut University Meerut
- Board of studies in Hindi, Meerut University Meerut
- Chairman Hindi Department, Janata Vaidic College, Baraut
Books on literature
- Balmukund Gupta: Jīwan aur Sāhitya
- Premchand Punarmulyankan
- Punarnawā : Mūlyankan aur Mūlyankan
- Kavya Shastra aur Hindi Nibandh
- Hindi Nibandh
- Kavya aur Kavī
- Aū kā Tīlā (novel)
- Sākshī hain ye prāchīren (novel)
- Alochak Ramvilas Sharma
- Kaurvi Lok-gāthā-sāhitya
- Bhāratīyatā ke Sanrakshak Sāhityakār - Dr N Chandra Nayar
- Yamunā se Prashānt Mahāsāgar (Sansmaran)
- Khet Khalīyan se Rajdhanī kā safarnamā (sansmaran)
- Itihasā Purush:Maharaja Suraj Mal
- Mitron kī khoj (child-literature)
Books on Jats
- Sujas Prabandh, Translation of poetry by Nathan, the royal poet of Jat rulers of Gohad, Jat Samaj Kalyan Parishad Gwalior, 2005
- He has written a book on Jat History in Hindi “Jat Itihas” which is published by Jat Samaj Kalyan Parishad Gwalior in 2004.
- He was editor of second edition (1992) of the earliest book on Jat history “Jat Itihas” written in 1934 by Thakur Deshraj.
- Kisan Masiha Chaudhary Charan Singh
- Jātīyatā kā Abhishāp aur Chaudhary Charan Singh
- Rajasthan ke Kisan Kesari: Chaudhary Nathuram Mirdha
- Number of articles in Jat Magazines like Jat – Gaurav, Jatjyoti, Surajsujan etc.
- Uttar Pradesh ke Jaton ki Shasan vyavastha (Hindi translation of book by OMC Pradhan)
- Honorary editor Suraj Sujan
- Sir Chhotu Ram : chintan aur karma
- Andherī - nagarī
- Raja Mahendra Pratap: BahuĀyāmī Vyaktitva
- Chandrashekhar Nayar:Saptati-grāmya
- Ālochak Ramvilas Sharma
- Gauravgāthā - Five books
- Shodh Visheshānk/Hindi Sahitya Parishad, Meerut University, Meerut
- Balmukund granthāavali, (Haryana Sahitya Akadami, Chandigarh)
- Shodh Visheshank Meerut University, Hindi Sahitya Parshad
- Hindi kahanī : algāv kv darshan (translation)
- He was awarded Rs 5000/- by Kerala Hindi Sahitya Academy - 1993, 1996, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala on his book on “Bharatiyata ke Sanrakshak Dr N Chandra Shekhran Nayar”.
- Nalini Vilochan Sharma Puraskar of Rajbhasha Vibhag of Bihar government on his Korvi Lokgatha Sahitya.
- Chaudhary Bahadur Singh Parmarth Trust Sangaria, award - 1999 Rs 10000/-
- Nav Jat-Veer, Gwalior, 1997-98