is a town
in Miyaki District
, Saga Prefecture
. It is the first town in Saga to have its name spelled in hiragana
rather than kanji
. It is named after the district
it is located in.
Miyaki is located in the eastern part of Saga Prefecture, about 20 km east of Saga City
and about 30 km south of Fukuoka
. The northern part of Miyaki contains the Chikushi Mountains, and the southern part contains the Chikugo River. It borders Fukuoka Prefecture
on the north and south.
- 1889-04-01 - The present system of municipalities is established and the area occupied by Miyaki consists of the villages of Nakabaru, Kitashigeyasu, Minamishigeyasu, and Mikawa.
- 1955-04-01 - The villages Minamishigeyasu and Nakabaru merge to form Mine Village.
- 1962-05-01 - Mine Village becomes Mine Town.
- 1965-04-01 - Kitashigeyasu Village becomes Kitashigeyasu Town.
- 1971-04-01 - Nakabaru Village becomes Nakabaru Town.
- 2005-03-01 - The towns of Mine, Kitashigeyasu and Nakabaru merge to form Miyaki Town.
- Saga Prefectural Miyaki High School
Junior High Schools
- Nakabaru Junior High School
- Kitashigeyasu Junior High School
- Mine Junior High School
- Nakabaru Elementary School
- Kitashigeyasu Elementary School
- Mine Higashi Elementary School
- Mine Nishi Elementary School
The nearest airports are Saga Airport
and Fukuoka Airport