Dangerous Liaisons is a gay adult film directed by Michael Lucas and released by Lucas Entertainment in 2005. The film was adapted from Les Liaisons Dangereuses, a novel written in 1782 by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos, and Dangerous Liaisons, the 1988 film directed by Stephen Frears. Set in the fashion industry of modern-day New York City, Lucas has woven erotic scenes into the common themes of lust and deceit for the plot of his X-rated film.
A documentary of the film, More Dangerous: The Making of Michael Lucas' Dangerous Liaisons, premiered at the 2006 Philadelphia International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival on July 22, 2006.
plays Marcus Von Halpern, head of a New York fashion empire, who enlists the help of Valentine Moore, played by Gus Mattox
. Von Halpern wants Moore, a world-renown photographer
and "player", to seduce
Sebastian Lacroix (Wilfried Knight), the new lover
of Von Halpern's ex-boyfriend, Tom Mercedes (Kent Larson
). Moore agrees on one condition: he gets a night with Von Halpern as his reward.
Lacroix receives a call from his modeling agent informing him that he's booked for a photo-shoot with Moore. His boyfriend, Mercedes, warns Lacroix about Moore's reputation and advises him that Moore is not trustworthy. This segues into the first sex scene of the film, with Lacroix and Mercedes each topping the other in a "flip-flop" encounter.
In the following scene, Mercedes is seduced by his employee Matt Cody (Owen Hawk). They're going at it on the conference table in the boardroom when the cleaning guy (Mario Ortiz) shows up and joins in.
Meanwhile, Moore sets up his photography session with Lacroix and engages another model, J., to seduce Lacroix. Lacroix is later guilt-ridden.
Cody meets with Von Halpern, who wants to solicit information about Cody's boss, Von Halpern's ex-boyfriend, Mercedes. Another sex scene ensues. Von Halpern's current boyfriend Bobby (Bruce Beckham) discovers Von Halpern's infidelity and seduces Moore to get even. Since Von Halpern has reneged on his payment to Moore in the form of a night together, Moore responds favorably to Bobby's advances.
The cameo appearances occur during the final scene, set as the opening night of Moore's new gallery exh.ibit.
Cast and characters
- Gus Mattox – Valentine Moore
- Owen Hawk – Matt Cody
- Michael Lucas – Marcus Von Halpern
- Bruce Beckham – Bobby
- Kent Larson – Tom Mercedes
- Wilfried Knight – Sebastian Laqioux
- Frankie – Delivery Guy
- Mario Ortiz – The Cleaning Guy
- J. – Mack
- Blair Ross – Marina
Awards and nominations
The film received thirteen GayVN Awards
nominations for 2006 and won four for: Best Picture, Best DVD Extras/Special Edition, Best Screenplay, and for Kent Larson
's performance, Best Supporting Actor. The film tied with Chi Chi LaRue
's Wrong Side of the Tracks
for best picture.
The 2006 Adult Erotic Gay Video Awards, commonly referred to as the "Grabbys", Dangerous Liaisons received nine nominations with only one award to Gus Mattox for Best Actor.Awards
- 2006 Grabby Award for Best Best Actor – Gus Mattox
- 2006 GayVN Award for Best Picture
- 2006 GayVN Award for Best Supporting Actor – Kent Larson
- 2006 GayVN Award for Best Screenplay – Tony DiMarco / Michael Lucas
- 2006 GayVN Award for Best DVD Extras/Special EditionNominations
- 2006 Grabby Award for Best Video
- 2006 Grabby Award for Best Supporting Actor – Kent Larson
- 2006 Grabby Award for Best Three-Way Sex Scene – Gus Mattox / Wilfried Knight / J.
- 2006 Grabby Award for Best Director – Michael Lucas
- 2006 Grabby Award for Best Screenplay
- 2006 Grabby Award for Best Art Direction
- 2006 Grabby Award for Best Videography
- 2006 Grabby Award for Best DVD Extras
- 2006 GayVN Award for Best Actor – Michael Lucas
- 2006 GayVN Award for Best Actor – Gus Mattox
- 2006 GayVN Award for Best Threesome – Gus Mattox / Wilfried Knight / J.
- 2006 GayVN Award for Best Director – Michael Lucas
- 2006 GayVN Award for Best Videography– Tony DiMarco
- 2006 GayVN Award for Best Editing – Tony DiMarco
- 2006 GayVN Award for Best Art Direction
- 2006 GayVN Award for Best Marketing Campaign
- 2006 GayVN Award for Best Packaging