The Medical University of Łódź was founded on October 1 2002 as a merger of the Medical Academy of Łódź (founded January 1 1950) and the Military Medical Academy of Łódź (founded July 1 1958).
It is the largest teaching hospital unit in Poland and a leading European research center.
The clinical-didactical center nr 4, Czechoslowacka street. One of the most sophisticated university medical centers in the region.
- 6 research institutes,
- 49 chairs,
- 7 fully-equipped university teaching hospitals with a total capacity of 2900 beds, as well as
- 438.000 specialist consultations every year in specialist outpatient clinics, in addition to the
- collaboration with 22 international universities.
At the Medical University of Lodz, students benefit from a 250 plus Basic Science and Clinical Medicine Faculty, all with impeccable credentials as physicians, teachers and researchers. Almost every member of the university holds a dual MD/PhD. Degree , and all are board certified in their respective specialties.
The university made an important evolution of a unique system, based on the availability -during posted office hours- of all professors for individual consultations with students in their offices. This allows for effective interaction between students and faculty.
With such outstanding faculty, it is no surprise, that the graduates obtained the highest scores among graduates of all Polish Medical schools, in the Polish Medical Licensing exams.
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Phisiotherapy
- Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery
- Faculty of Health Sciencies
- Faculty of Military Medicine