is India's leading fashion designer.
Manish Malhotra has designed for many leading actresses in Bollywood. He is known for his different style and his ability to envision a 'look' for the character. He is most probably known for designing the costumes for Urmila Matondkar in the film Rangeela. Stars including Kajol, Karisma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Rani Mukherji, Aishwarya Rai, and Preity Zinta have all worn his designs. Although he usually designs for women, he designed for Shahrukh Khan in Mohabbatein. He was also asked to design clothes for Michael Jackson when he visited India for a Bollywood show.
His designs have been seen in films such as Raja Hindustani, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Dhadkan and Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai.
Manish has trained fellow designer Surily Goel, who made her debut at Lakme Fashion Week 2006.
In 2005, he began a talk show named The Manish Malhotra Show.
His designs were worn by Kareena Kapoor
in the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
(2001). He designed for Sushmita Sen
in Main Hoon Na
and he has designed for Rani Mukerji
and Preity Zinta
in the film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
(2006). He also showcased his new collection in April 2006
at Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai
. His all-white collection was titled Freedom
and was inspired from Sufism. His actress-friends Kajol
and Preity Zinta
walked the ramp for him.
- Filmfare Award for Costume Design for Rangeela
- Showtime Opinion Poll Award for Raja Hindustani
- Siemen's Viewer's Choice Award for Dil To Pagal Hai
- Zee Cine Award for Costume Design.
- Bollywood Award for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- Indira Priyadarshini Memorial Award for his contribution to the fashion industry
- Stylish Designer Of the Year at the Elle Style Awards in 1999.
- Manish was Felicitated by National Institute Of Fashion Technology.
- GPBA (German Public Bollywood Award for Om Shanti Om - Best Costumes
Costume Design Filmography
- Endhiran (2010) - (Tamil) - Rajnikanth, Aishwarya Rai
- Om Shanti Om (2007)(Hindi)- Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Shreyas Talpade, Arjun Rampal, Kiron Kher
- Aaja Nachle (2007)(Hindi)- Madhuri Dixit
- Laaga Chunari Mein Daag (2007) (Hindi) - Konkona Sen Sharma
- Sivaji: The Boss (2007)(Tamil) - Rajinikanth, Shriya Saran and Vivek
- Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006) - for Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Rani Mukerji, Preity Zinta, Abhishek Bachchan and Kiron Kher
- Fanaa (2006)- for Kajol
- Chup Chup Ke (2006)- for Kareena Kapoor
- Main Hoon Na (2004) - for Sushmita Sen
- Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003) - for Jaya Bachchan and Preity Zinta
- Talaash: The Hunt Begins... (2003) - for Kareena Kapoor
- Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001) - for Jaya Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor, Kajol and Rani Mukerji
- Dhadkan (2001) - for Shilpa Shetty
- Ek Rishtaa: The Bond of Love (2001) - for Juhi Chawla and Karisma Kapoor
- Mohabbatein (2000) - for Shahrukh Khan
- Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai (2000) - for Aishwarya Rai
- Mela (2000) - for Twinkle Khanna
- Dil Kya Kare (1999) - for Kajol and Mahima Chaudhry
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) - for Kajol and Rani Mukerji
- Soldier (1998) - for Preity Zinta
- Satya (1998) - for Urmila Matondkar
- Dushman (1998) - for Kajol
- Duplicate (1998) - for Juhi Chawla
- Dil To Pagal Hai (1997) - for Madhuri Dixit and Karisma Kapoor
- Koyla (1997) - for Madhuri Dixit
- Raja Hindustani (1997) - for Karisma Kapoor
- Gupt: The Hidden Truth (1997) - for Manisha Koirala and Kajol
- Khamoshi: The Musical (1996) - for Manisha Koirala
- Rangeela (1995) for Urmila Matondkar
- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (1995) for Kajol
is now heading towards the field of Film Direction and he will be starting his career as a director with Sri Krishna International.