Lawrence Eric Taylor
- For other persons named Lawrence Taylor, see Lawrence Taylor (disambiguation).
is an attorney
. A graduate of the University of California, Berkeley
and UCLA School of Law
, Taylor was a public defender and criminal prosecutor in Los Angeles County
before entering private practice. He currently heads a law firm in California
that limits its practice to drunk driving
defense. Both Taylor and his law firm are ranked "A-V" ("very high to pre-eminent in legal ability and ethics") by the Martindale-Hubbell International Law Directory
In the case of the People v. Charles Manson, Taylor was the trial court's legal advisor. He was also counsel to the California Supreme Court in the Onion Field murder case, and an independent Special Prosecutor retained by the Attorney General of Montana to conduct a one-year grand jury probe of government corruption. Taylor was voted "professor of the year" during his tenure at Gonzaga University School of Law. He was also a Fulbright Professor of Law at Osaka University in Japan and a visiting professor at Pepperdine Law School.
A founder and former dean] of the National College for DUI Defense, Taylor has lectured at over 200 lawyers' seminars in 38 states. He is the author of 15 books, including the well-known textbook on the subject of DUI, now in its sixth edition. On July 25, 2002, Taylor was presented with the NCDD's "Lifetime Achievement Award" at Harvard Law School.
- Drunk Driving Defense 6th Edition. (Wolters Kluwer Law & Business/Aspen Publishers ISBN 0735554293)
- Born to Crime (Greenwood Press ISBN 0-313-24172-4)
- California Drunk Driving Defense, 3rd Edition (West ISBN 0-314-26005-6)
- The D.A.: A True Story (William Morrow ISBN 0-688-11731-7)
- Eyewitness Identification (Michie ISBN 0-87215-423-8)
- Handling Criminal Appeals (West ISBN 0-68559-836-5)
- Scientific Interrogation (Michie ISBN 0-87215-685-0)
- Setting Sail (Icarus ISBN 0-98651-700-4)
- To Honor and Obey (William Morrow ISBN 0-688-09854-1)
- Trail of the Fox (Simon and Schuster ISBN 0-671-25227-5)
- A Trial of Generals (Icarus ISBN 0-89651-775-6)
- Witness Immunity (Charles C.Thomas ISBN 0-398-04765-0)