, in Düren, Germany
) is a German concert pianist
He rose to prominence when he won second prize at the 1990 Leeds International Piano Competition
, and has since gone on to give major concerto and recital performances.
In the season 2003/04 he made his debut with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra
, with conductor Lorin Maazel
, and gave the inaugural concert of the new Carnegie Hall
He is especially interested in chamber music, founding the festival „Spannungen“ in Heimbach (Eifel) in 1998.
He is especially close with the Berlin Philharmonic
2004 he was awarded with both the Brahmspreis and the Echo Klassik.
2006 he also snatched the "Großer Kulturpreis der rheinischen Sparkassen".
- Beethoven Piano Concertos Nos 1 & 2
- Mozart: Piano Recital
- Mozart: Piano Trio / Berg: Sonate / Schönberg: Chambersymphony (Heimbach)
- Dvorak: Sonatine / Tchaikovsky: Piano Trio (Heimbach)
- Russian Cello Sonatas Truls Mørk
- French Violin Sonatas , with Sarah Chang
- Grieg/Schumann: Piano Concertos
2002 nahm der Pianist eine CD mit Konrad Beikircher und 2004 mit Sarah Chang auf.