is a town in the western province, Sri Lanka
of Sri Lanka
. It is the main administrative centre for the "Dompe" electorate in Gampaha
district. Postal code of Kirindiwela is 11730.
- Assistant Government Agent's office Local administrative center of the central government (Dompe Divisional Secretariat)
- Dompe Pradeshiya Sabhawa Local government office
- Kirindiwela bus depot Local public transport centre and the garage (Ceylon Transport Board)
- Kirindiwela Madya Maha Vidyalaya: Central College
- Kirindiwela Maha Vidyalaya: High School
- Kirindiwela Police Station
Notable institutions close to Kirindiwela town includes:
- Meethirigala Nissarana Vanaya: Arguably the most renowned meditation centre in Sri Lanka. Monks live in Kutis (living quarters) in dense low-country jungle on a hill. There are English speaking meditation teachers with student monks from all over the world. (Alternative spelling 'Mithirigala')
- Vedagama: ('Village of Healing’) Only village in Sri Lanka completely populated by indigenous medical practitioners. Established as a part of former President Ranasinghe Premadasa’s “Gam Udawa ” (Village Awakening) program.
Notable people related to Kirindiwela area:
Selected information on commercial organisations in Kirindiwela: