are a tribe of Pakistan, they are believed to originate from Kerman Persia
. They had travelled eastwards and settled the hills and established self-government.
The Kethwals are spread over almost all over Pakistan
. This tribe is well established in the following areas.
- Murree (Tehsil): Sanj, Charhan, Ghel and Ban.
- Tehsil Kotli Sattian : Dhirkot Kethwalan, Challawara, Balawara, Perchan, Phofandi, Karl, Dornoian, Saanth Anwali, Saanth Sarrullah, Burhad, Badnian, Kamra, Thoon, Kolyari, Dera Danoi, Andralian, Gola, Cela Saydan, Karor.
- Kahuta (Tehsil) : Punjar, Narr, Kahuta City, Monhand.
- Areas of Rawalpindi Tehsil
- Islamabad Kuri Shar, Nilore, Chirrah, Ali Pur, Pind Begwal, Jang Kethwal, Bhara Kau, Dhoke Mango, Shakar Parian, Poona Fiqran, Ogrian Kurd and Kalan.
As well as the following areas: Wah and Taxila, Abbottabad, Mansehra, Haripur, Khewra, Pind Daden Khan Jhelum, Deena, Mir Pur, Kotli, Nankial, Sialkot, Shakar Ghar, Gujrat, Lala Musa, Kharian, Wazir Abad, Gujranwala, Mandi Bhaoddin, Sargodha, Jhang, Mochi Wala, Kala Shah Kaku, Sheikhupura, Faisalabad, Pindi Bhattian, Sahiwal, Chicha Watni, Kot Uddu, Layya, Dera Ghazi Khan.
Hassan Tariq Murtaza from Sanj, Muree
is a Senior Software Engineer
in the PiSigma Group Inc.
Usman Tariq Murtaza from Sanj, Muree
is a Mechanical Engineer
Raja Khaliquzzaman from Wazirabad
was an MPA
in the Junejo Government 1985-1988.