Julia Johnson is the singer/pianist from British Post Trip-Hop band Second Person. Her most well-known project to date has been as singer/pianist on Second Person's 2004 debut release Chromatography and is currently recording their follow up LP with co-writer Mark Maclaine.
- Julia is not only a musician but also a writer and is well versed in several classical languages including Latin, Sanskrit and Ancient Greek. She has an understanding of Mandarin, French, Italian and Spanish allowing Second Person to record some of their best known songs in these languages. The band have suggested that translated versions of these songs may appear as bonus tracks in the various regions they are released in.
- Julia also wrote her first stage musical at the age of 17, entitled A Young Man With Conjunctivitis, for which she was the musical director.
- At the age of 18, she began playing solo gigs at The Kashmir Klub, prior to forming Second Person with Mark Maclaine in 2002.
- Second Person in The Independent (23rd Oct 2002: pg 12)
- BBC Radio 2 Interview (The Weekender with Matthew Wright - 3rd Nov 2005)
- Future Music Magazine interview (Nov 2005)