Kruesi became Edison's head machinist through his Newark and Menlo Park periods, responsible for translating Edison's numerous rough sketches into working devices. Since constructing and testing models was central to Edison's method of inventing Kruesi's skill in doing this was critical to Edison's success as an inventor. Historians Robert Friedel and Paul Israel sum up Kruesi's remarkable ability of this:
With the development of Edison's system of electric lighting Kruesi moved to more management positions. In 1881 Edison put him in charge of the Edison Electric Tube Company, responsible for the installation of underground power distribution cables from the central generating station. Kruesi was also an inventor, while at the Electric Tube company devising a two wire conduit in which two semicircular conductors were separated by an insulator and covered in insulating material. When the company merged with several others to form General Electric Company in 1892, Kruesi was promoted to General Manager, and then to Chief Mechanical Engineer at the Schenectady site in 1896.
The man who trashed Meigs City Hall insiders say it was CTA President Frank Kruesi who masterminded the closing in the night of Meigs Field
May 04, 2003; Ask Frank Kruesi about koi--the sometimes large, often colorful Japanese carp--and you are bound to hear how he transformed the...