was a British character actor. He was born on 20 April 1873 in Headingley
He started work as a cabinet maker, and drifted into amateur dramatics. He appeared as a stage actor first in 1903 and worked with the Liverpool Repertory Company from 1919 to 1931.
He died in London on 18 February 1951.
- Hobson's Choice - 1931 as Hobson
- The Old Curiosity Shop - 1934 - as the Single Gentleman
- Wings of Africa - 1937 - as Wilkins
- Penny Paradise - 1938 - as Amis Cook
- The Stars Look Down - 1939 - as Will
- Night Train to Munich - 1940 - as Azel Bomasch
- He Snoops to Conquer - 1944 - as Counciler Hopkins
- Johnny Frenchman - 1945 - as Joe Pender
- I See a Dark Stranger - 1946 - as Butler
- Obsession - 1949 - as Aikins (butler)
"Halliwell's Who's Who in the Movies" - published by Harper-Collins 1981 - ISBN 0-06-093507-3