(born in England 1927) is an American writer
specializing in historical fiction
. Her books regularly appear on the New York Times bestseller's list.
She was a main Selection of the Literary Guild and Doubleday Book Club seven times, her novels were translated into 26 languages, and has sold 23,000,000 copies worldwide. Her husband Bert Briskin was her agent. Her son is Richard Sands.
Briskin attended Beverly Hills High School
in Beverly Hills, California
and graduated in 1945.
- California Generation (1970) - about life in the tumultuous nineteen sixties
- After love (1974)
- Paloverde (1978)
- Rich Friends (1980)
- Decade (1981)
- The Onyx (1982)
- Everything and More (1983)
- Too Much Too Soon (1985)
- Dreams Are Not Enough (1987) - about the movie business
- The Naked Heart (1989)
- The Other Side of Love (1991) - about World War II
- The Crimson Palace (1995)