|| Goiás |
|| 688.3 km² |
|| 5,650 (IBGE 2007) |
|| 442 m above sea level |
| Postcode (CEP):
|| 75550-000 |
| Became a city:
|| 1993 |
|| Gilson José Teixeira |
| Distance to Goiânia:
|| 282 km. |
| IBGE statistical microregion:
|| Meia Ponte Microregion |
|| none |
Inaciolândia is a small town and municipality in south Goiás state, Brazil. The population was 5,650 inhabitants (2007 IBGE) in a total area of 688.3 km². Inaciolândia is a large producer of cotton and soybeans.
Inaciolândia is located in the Meia Ponte Microregion
in the extreme south of the state. It is connected by paved road to Cachoeira Dourada
, 57 km., and Gouvelândia
, 15 km. The Rio dos Bois lies a short distance to the west.
The distance to the state capital, Goiânia, is 282 km. Highway connections are made by GO-040, passing through Aragoiânia / Cromínia, taking GO-215 to Pontalina, then GO-040 to Aloândia and Bom Jesus de Goiás, taking BR-452 to Itumbiara , then GO-206 / BR-483 passing through Cachoeira Dourada. For the complete list of distances in Goiás see Sepin
Neighboring municipalities are:
- Mayor: Gilson José Teixeira (January 2005)
- Vice-mayor: Paulo César Sisdelli
- Councilmembers: 09
- Population density: 8.21 inhab/km² (2007)
- Population growth rate 1996/2007: 1.12%
- Urban population in 2007: 4,582
- Rural population in 2007: 1,068
The economy is based on agriculture, cattle raising, small transformation industries, services, and government employment.
- Industrial units: 05 ((June/2007))
- Retail units: 48 ((August/2007)
- Lodging and restaurants: 04 units
- Banking institutions: Banco do Brasil S.A. (August/2007)
- Automobiles: 252 in 2007
Main agricultural activities
- Cattle raising: 51,965 head (2006)
- Cotton: 830 ha.
- Rice: 400 ha.
- Rubber: 116 ha.
- Sugarcane: 1,200 ha.
- Corn: 2,200 ha.
- Soybeans: 11,300 ha.
- Agricultural establishments: 421
- Total agricultural area: 62,157 ha.
- Area of perennial crops: 1,923 ha.
- Area of permanent crops: 20,712 ha.
- Area of natural pasture: 32,020 ha.
- Workers in agriculture: 1,170 IBGE
Education and health
- Literacy rate: 78.5%
- Infant mortality rate: 26.58 in 1,000 live births
- Schools: 4
- Students: 1,804 (2006)
- Hospitals: 01 (2007
- Hospital beds: 16
Inaciolândia is ranked 0.717 on the 2000 United Nations Human Development Index and is 179 out of 242 municipalities in the state. For the complete list see Frigoletto