Hypomyces is a genus of parasitic Ascomycete fungi found in North America and Australia. Its members include the Lobster mushroom(Hypomyces lactifluorum).
List of noteworthy species
- Hypomyces cervinigenus - on Helvella lacunosa.
- Hypomyces chrysospermus - Bolete Eater,Cask fungus (Western Australia, North America)
- Hypomyces hyalinus - Amanita "mold" (North America)
- H. lactifluorum - Lobster mushroom (North America)
- Hypomyces luteovirens - Yellow-green Russula "mold" (North America)
- Hypomyces transformans - Ramaria Eater (North America)