Huntington_Bank_Building

Huntington Bank Building

The Huntington Bank Building (originally the Union Trust Building) is a high-rise office on Euclid Avenue in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. When the building was completed in 1924, it was the second largest building in the world in terms of floor space, with more than 30 acres (12 hectares) of floor space. It also included the world's largest bank lobby, which today remains among the largest in the world. The lobby features enormous marble Corinthian columns, barrel vaulted ceilings, and colorful murals by Jules Guerin.

The 289 foot (88 meters) tall building was designed by the firm of Graham, Anderson, Probst & White, who were also responsible for the design of the Terminal Tower. It was renovated in 1975 under the direction of Cleveland architect Peter van Dijk, and again by Hines Properties in 1991.

See also

References

{|

Search another word or see Huntington_Bank_Buildingon Dictionary | Thesaurus |Spanish
Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature
FAVORITES
RECENT

;