Hornsby railway station is a railway station at the junction between the North Shore and Northern railway lines of the CityRail network in Sydney, Australia. It also serves the commercial and residential area of Hornsby.
Under the Clearways Project, Hornsby is to get a new Platform 5 for use by through northbound trains. Existing Platform 4 then becomes a centre turnback platform for Northern line trains via Strathfield (later Epping Chatswood trains via Thornleigh). The additional platform is required in part for the extra trains that will operate when the Epping to Chatswood line opens.
Hornsby concourse was upgraded in the 1990s and was given lifts connecting the concourse with the platforms. Thus it has Easy Access for wheelchairs.
The station opened on 17 September, 1886 as Hornsby, but was renamed Hornsby Junction on 1 November, 1894. On 1 May, 1900 it was renamed to Hornsby and has remained with that name to the present day.
On July 10, 2003, this caused the communications system in a Millennium Train to fail because the train's software could not compute that the origin and destination of the service had the same name.
Shorelink runs a number of services to and from Hornsby railway station:
Hornsby is also the terminal of NightRide routes N80 and N90, both of which go to Town Hall - N80 via Strathfield, N90 via Chatswood.
- North Shore Line - terminating services; all stations and limited stops services towards Central along the North Shore Line. Peak hour intercity services from Wyong
- North Shore Line - terminating services; all stations services to Berowra; peak hour limited stops services to Wyong.
- Northern Line - terminating services; peak hours all stations and limited stops services to Central via Strathfield.
- Newcastle & Central Coast Line - intercity services to Gosford, Wyong & Newcastle.
- Countrylink North Coast - country services to Brisbane (1 per day) Casino (1 per day), and Grafton (1 per day).
- Countrylink North Western - country services to Armidale and Moree via Werris Creek (1 per day).
- This platform also services northbound freight trains.
- Northern Line - All stations and Limited Stops services to Epping, Macquarie University, Macquarie Park, North Ryde, Chatswood, St. Leonards, North Sydney and Central.
- Southbound goods trains pass through this platform.
Platform 5 (Currently Under Construction):
- Northern Line - terminating services; all stations and limited stops services to Epping, Chatswood, St. Leonards, North Sydney and Central.
- CityRail -- Millennium Train Incident Reports