The nuns live a contemplative life, focused on perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, offering intercessory prayers for the world. Inside the cloister the nuns wear rose-colored habits in honor of the Holy Spirit. It is from these habits that they are nicknamed the "Pink Sisters."
The congregation was founded in 1896 in Holland by Saint Arnold Janssen, a German diocesean priest. The first house was established in the United States in 1915 by Mother Mary Michaele in Pennsylvania, upon the invitation of Archbishop Edmund Francis Pendergast. Currently, there are 20 Houses located in Argentina, Brazil, Germany, India, Indonesia, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Poland, Togo, and the United States.