is such an iconic name that various other locations associated with the film industry are nicknamed with Hollywood-inspired names
. Most starting with the first letter(s) of the location and ending in the letters "-ollywood" or "-wood".
- Bollywood is the informal name given to the Mumbai (Bombay) based film industry in India.
- Bulawood is the name given to the Fiji film industry, Bula being a greeting in the Fijian language
- Chinawood is a nickname for the Hengdian World Studio, the largest filmstudio in China.
- Chollywood refers to the Peruvian film industry. It is also spelled "Choliwood."
- Dhaliwood refers to the Bangladeshi film industry, based in the city of Dhaka.
- Dollywood is an amusement park owned by Dolly Parton. It may also be used as an alternative spelling for Dhaliwood.
- Etyekwood is the informal name given in the media to Hungary's new Korda Studios under construction in the wine-making village of Etyek near Budapest.
- Hollyhammar refers to the film industry in Hallstahammar, Sweden.
- Hollywood North refers to film and television production in Toronto and Vancouver and (more recently) throughout Canada.
- Kollywood is a name often applied to Tamil cinema, based in the Kodambakkam district of Chennai in the state of Tamil Nadu in south India.
- Kollywood Nepal may also refer to the cinema of Nepal, the capital of which is Kathmandu.
- Lollywood refers to the Pakistani film industry, based in the city of Lahore.
- Mollywood may refer to the Malayalam film industry in India.
- Mollywood may also refer to the Mormon film industry.
- Nollywood is the Nigerian film industry.
- Pinewood, name given because of the pine trees surrounding it. Is located in Buckinghamshire, England
- Pollywood is the colloquial name given to the Pashtu language movie industry in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Punjwood refers to the Punjabi language film industry in India.
- Sandalwood refers to the Kannada language Karnataka film industry in Karnataka, India.
- Sollywood has been used to refer to the Sindhi film industry.
- Somaliwood refers to the film industry that has sprung up around the Somali immigrant community of Columbus, Ohio
- Tollywood may refer to the Telugu film industry in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Tollywood may also refer to the Bengali film industry in Tollygunge, West Bengal, India.
- Trollywood is the informal name for a film production facility in Trollhättan Municipality, Sweden.
- Valleywood is the informal name for the Dragon International film studio complex in Wales.
- Wellywood refers to Peter Jackson's film studio located in Wellington, New Zealand.