Hiram (Borrowed - literal translation) was a TV drama series in the Philippines, popularly known as teleserye shown on ABS-CBN. It tackles a story of friendship, revenge and love.
- Kris Aquino as Diana Benipayo, fondly called Hopia when she was growing up. Overweight, insecure and the youngest of the three friends, she grows up to be a beautiful television host. Diana stands as mother to Margaret, who is the love-child of her friend Beatrice (Mickey Ferriols). She fell in love with Louie (Christian Vasquez) but her true love is Edward.
- Dina Bonevie as Sophia Borromeo, "ate" of Diana and the former Beatrice. Sophia takes the lead in making decisions, which does not make her very popular. She is controlling and confident. She had Stephanie when she agreed to sleep with her Chinese employer to help Diana who got in trouble when they were working in Hong Kong. Sophia pretends to be strong and ruthless but she is also in love with Edward. She had a boyfriend, Alexander (Bernard Palanca), who loves her but knows she loves Edward more.
- Anne Curtis as Stephanie Borromeo, the unwanted child of Sophia. All her life she lived in the shadow of Margaret until Andrew came into her life. She hurt badly when she found out that Andrew was actually Harry. Stephanie is self-destructive and emotionally dependent, but she is coming to her own.
- Geoff Eigenmann as Andrew/Harry Silayan, the amnesia victim who fell in love with two women who happened to be best friends. Harry is torn. Margaret won't take him back and won't give him a choice. Stephanie is pushing him away because of her insecurity. Everyone is anxious about whom he will choose.
- Heart Evangelista as Margaret Benipayo, beautiful, intelligent and sensible adopted daughter of Diana. She doesn't know the truth about her own birth. She fell in love with Harry, a simple son of a farmer whose face was disfigured. The relationship met the disapproval of Sophia, who took the opportunity to separate them when Harry suffered amnesia after a car crash. Margaret suffered when she found out that Harry was given the name Andrew and fell in love with her best friend Stephanie. She decided to step out of the way rather than hurt her best friend.
- John Estrada as Edward Verdadero, the crush ng bayan when Beatrice, Diana and Sophia were growing up. Handsome, rich and gentlemanly, Edward was the ideal man for all of them. But among the three, his heart only went out for Diana. He waited 20 long years before he could propose to Diana.
- Mickey Ferriols as Beatrice, the childhood friend of Sophia and Diana. Beatrice falls in love with Edward and has an affair with him. Before she dies she gives birth to a baby girl.
The story is about the borrowed love or life that happens between these characters. One love triangle/square being the love between Diana, Sophia, Beatrice, and Edward. Another love triangle is between Margaret, Stephanie, and Harry/Andrew. The family relations make it really hard if impossible to follow one's heart.
One of the revelations of 2004, where Heart Evangelista emerged from teeny-bopper roles into a fully grown dramatic actress. Her first appearance as Margaret got the rating of 45.7%.
The show's highest rating was 48.0%, the lowest was 21.2%, and the overall ratings was 34.6%.
- All the names of the characters were derived from royalty.