is a fictional DC Comics
corporate superteam introduced in Action Comics Weekly
#637, January (1989
). They were created by Bob Rozakis
and Stephen DeStefano.
Hero Hotline is a corporate 24/7 hero for hire company created by the Coordinator, a man who was secretly World war II hero Harry "Tex" Thompson the Americommando
. The Coordinator only communicates with the agency as a shadowy figure on a communication screen. Their hotline number 1-800-555-HERO
. They regularly take on the smaller missions from the common man, on occasion they have to fight the odd supervillain.
Years after their own series was canceled, Hero Hotline was revealed to still be active in Teen Titans Annual
#1 (March, 2006), mentioned in passing as being among the heroes aiding in the evacuation of Blüdhaven
during Infinite Crisis.
Hero Hotline Staff
- Coordinator - Tex Thompson, former WW II hero known both as the Americommando and Mister America.
- Stretch - Tom Longacre, like the Elongated Man he drinks Gingold to gain stretching powers, but prolonged use of Gingold meant that his body's bones and muscles even at rest have so much more elasticity and give, that Stretch has trouble maintaining human form.
- Microwavebelle - Belle Jackson, amateur scientist who made a device that confers microwave powers and flight.
- Private Eyes - Lester Lee, private detective with goggles that give telescopic, x-ray, microscopic, and infra-red vision.
- Diamondette - Diana Theotocopoulos, can make her hands as hard as diamond.
- Voice-Over - Andy Greenwald, power of super ventriloquism, accomplished vocal mimic.
- Mister Muscle (AKA Flex, Mister Mighty, Brother Bicep) - Sturgis Butterfield, is an obsessive bodybuilder, weightlifter and narcissist.
- Hotshot - Billy Lefferts, meta-human able to shoot fireballs.
- Zeep the Living Sponge - A living bath sponge, campaigner for super-hero rights and fair pay.
- Marie the Psychic Turtle - A sentient psychic turtle.
- Ms. Terrific - Costume based on the Terry Sloane Mister Terrific.
- Card Queen - “Heart” playing card on chest.
- Herald - Costume reminiscent of a medieval herald.
- Chlorino - Crew member, powers unknown.
- Batmyte - An orange skinned, bat-like winged humanoid.
- Thunderhead - Crew member, powers unknown.
- Soozie-Q - The artificially intelligent receptionist for Hero Hotline.
- Lightning Eyes - A metahuman speed reader, helps Suzy-Q handle the telephone bank.
- Ellie Longacre - Company lawyer, daughter of Stretch.
- Fred - Invisible and intangible crewmember, possibly a creation of Voice-Over.
Other Corporate Teams
Other corporate superhero teams have been active in the DC Comics
universe. The most well known are the Conglomerate
, the Blood Pack
, Power Company
and the Captains of Industry