is a village
and civil parish
in the West Lindsey
district of Lincolnshire
. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 309. It is on the A631 between Caenby Corner
and on the escarpment of Lincoln Cliff
RAF Hemswell was located just outside the village from 1937 until it closed in 1967. The site and buildings were subsequently redeveloped into a private trading estate which became the new civil parish of Hemswell Cliff.
Hemswell has a post office and village shop. All Saints church, which was reconstructed in 1858, is a mixture of mediaeval, Victorian and Georgian styles.
Opposite the churchyard is a maypole, one of the oldest in England which is danced round each May Day.