(Dom zu Gurk, Krška stolnica) is an Austrian basilica
, that was built in the high romanesque
style from 1140 to 1200. It is considered to be one of the most important romanesque church buildings in Europe. The long building has a western façade with two towers, a gallery, a crypt, and three apses
The crypt, with its 100 columns, is the oldest part of the cathedral. In 1174, the grave of Saint Hemma of Gurk was relocated there.
In the middle of the rural Gurktal, the imposing 60 meter tall twin towers of the cathedral can be seen from very far off.