was a dock
, on the River Mersey
and part of the Port of Liverpool
. It was situated where the Pier Head
currently sits and was connected to Canning Dock
in the south and Georges Basin
to the north.
The dock, which opened in 1771, was designed and built by Henry Berry and expanded by John Foster, Sr..
A section of the original George's Dock wall is still visible in the basement of the Cunard Building which stands on the site.