is a village and a parish in the Lincolnshire Wolds
, 3.5 miles northeast of Horncastle
, 11 miles south of Louth
and 8 miles northwest of Spilsby
. The parish covers about 1,950 acres.
The village is listed in the 1086 Domesday Book
. In 1841 the village consisted primarily of Mud-and-Stud cottages. In 1849, six Roman urns were dug up in the parish. They appeared to be funery urns as they contained burned bone fragments.
The Anglican parish church was dedicated to St. Andrew. It was rebuilt in 1705, but its tower fell down in 1799. The church was rebuilt again in 1865. The Church is now part of the Hemingby Group of the Horncastle Deanery and seats around 120.