Built|1897 Status|demolished Demolished|1960 Succeded by|Sydney Opera HouseThe Fort Macquarie Tram Depot or Sydney Tram Depot was built on Bennelong Point in Sydney in 1901, on the site of the old Fort Macquarie. The depot was constructed in the design of a fortress with castellated ramparts in homage to the previous building. The depot operated from 1902 to 1955 before being demolished to make way for the site's current occupant, the Sydney Opera House.
The depot consisted of a 12 road shed, with loop line laid around the outside. Entry to the depot and loop line was controlled from a signal box located adjacent to the tracks. Nothing remains of the depot; the buildings were totally razed to make way for the Opera House.
Services from Fort Macquarie were:
With the closing of Fort Macquarie depot on 1955-10-22 most of the services were transferred to Dowling St depot.