is a fort
at the entrance to the harbor of St. John's, Antigua and Barbuda
. The fort was built in 1706 to guard St. John's harbor and is one of the many forts built by the British
in the 18th century. Fear of French
invasion prompted the construction. It is located on a headland
overlooking the town northwesterly. A powder magazine
, several cannons
and the foundation of the fort's wall remain. The main attraction today is the excellent view of the surrounding harbor.