The Foden's Richardson Band
band are a brass band
. The band derives its name from the Foden
manufacturer of trucks in Sandbach.
In 1902, Edwin Foden set up the Foden Motor Works Band
, from the remnants of a brass band that had been formed in nearby Elworth
in 1900. In 1955, the musical director, Harry Mortimer
, formed the Men O'Brass
, whereby selected members of the band combined with other players from the Fairey Band
and Morris Motors
Band. In January 1983, the band was sponsored by Overseas Technical Services Ltd. from Harrow
, being renamed the Foden OTS Band. In July 1986, it was sponsored by the Britannia Building Society
to become the Britannia Building Society Foden Band, which became the Britannia Building Society Band. In September 1997, the band was sponsored by the Antoine Courtois
company of France
, to become the Fodens Courtois Band. In November 2004, the band was sponsored by Richardson Developments of Oldbury
The band has won the National Brass Band Championships twelve times.