is a physician
with World Wrestling Entertainment
On camera appearances
Dr. Rios has appeared in several WWE television and pay-per-view
- At New Year's Revolution 2005 he attended to an injured Eugene after he injured his knee in a World Tag Team Championship Match between himself & William Regal vs. Christian & Tyson Tomko.
- Rios also attended to an injured Lita after she injured her knee with her match with Trish Stratus at New Years Revolution 2005.
- At Saturday Night's Main Event on March 18th 2006, he was involved in a segment, where Booker T claimed he couldn't compete against The Boogeyman.
- At WrestleMania 22, Dr. Rios accompanied paramedics to the ring, attending to Mr. McMahon after Shawn Michaels put him through a table.
- At ECW One Night Stand 2006, he stopped the World Heavyweight Championship Match: between then World Champion Rey Mysterio and Sabu after Sabu nailed Mysterio with a Triple Jump DDT through a table on to the floor.
- In late September 2006 during an ECW show in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Dr. Rios was seen stitching up Hardcore Holly on his back after an "ECW Extreme rules" match against Rob Van Dam.
- He was seen assisting Triple H after his match at New Year's Revolution 2007 in which The Game suffered a tear of one of the four tendons in his right quadriceps.
- He appeared at the 2007 Royal Rumble in a backstage segment involving John Cena and Vince McMahon.
- On April 30, 2007 he was seen treating an injured Shawn Michaels backstage.
- On May 20, 2007, he was seen on WWE's Judgment Day examining Shawn Michaels.
- After Shawn Michaels appeared for his match on the Pay-Per-View, he was then treated by Dr. Ferdinand Rios.
- On the September 21, 2007 edition of SmackDown! he was seen tending to Theodore Long after he suffered a "heart attack"
- On October 22 2007, he was seen attending to Candice Michelle after she fell from the top rope.
- On October 26, 2007 on SmackDown! he was seen attending to Matt Hardy.
Dr. Rios has been quoted several times on WWE.com concerning the status of injured wrestlers, such as Mark Henry
, Bobby Lashley
, Rey Mysterio
, Ashley Massaro
, Dave Taylor
, Triple H
, and others. He has also been featured on WWE Emergency Room a new Feature of WWE.com that delves into the medical emergencies, and surgeries that WWE Superstars face.
These WWE press releases have been subject to dispute within the pro-wrestling community. Dave Scherer of Pro Wrestling Insider, in their coverage of Rey Mysterio's injury contends that these articles are "worked shoots" where WWE will offer an in-character justification of real life events. In the case of Mysterio, Scherer contends that "Rey has needed surgery for months now and has put it off to help the company while and after he was champion."
has a column entitled "Ask Dr. WWE." The column is attributed to "Dr. Louis Rios."