is one of the Six Towns of the Stoke-on-Trent
conurbation which were federated in 1910. It is situated in the south-east of the city. Arnold Bennett
called his fictionalised version of Stoke on Trent the "Five Towns", and Fenton has been dubbed the town Arnold Bennett forgot.
Fenton has been the home of a number of potteries such as Coalport
, and its architectural heritage includes listed bottle ovens
Fenton has a Carnegie library
, the only such building in Stoke-on-Trent, although the Carnegie UK Trust also supplied the technical college with a ceramics library.