(born October 13
) is a German
high wire artist. He is a descendant of one of the most traditional artistic families in Germany and was born on a tour of France in Besancon. He is a direct descendant of the legendary Zugspitze - artists (the name the Traber-show got since their spectacular performance in the year 1952 in 2964 meters height on the Zugspitze, the highest mountain in Germany). Since his birth Falko Traber
traveled with his family to over 40 countries.
As a professional high-wire artist, he made his profession his calling, and set a large number of pioneering World Records. For several years, he and his history are exhibited in the National Museum in Karlsruhe.
Falko Traber is the last of his brothers to be still on the high wire. His brother Charlie died in 2007 aged 54.
- 1978 in Düsseldorf he spent, 10 days and 10 nights or 264 hours continuously on the high wire.
- 1982 11 days and 11 nights in Alstertal Shopping Center
- 1996 he crossed the town of Baden-Baden on a 640-meter-long and up to 60 meters high wire rope for a World record.
- 1997, in Weil am Rhein he set another length World Record with the motorcycle on the high wire. On the rear wheel of his specially made Suzuki, at an altitude of 80 meters, he crossed a distance of 700 meters.
- 1999 as a culmination of his previous work, he re-enacted the feat of his ancestors and crossed the Zugspitze with a bicycle on only a 12 mm wire rope. In a staggering 600 meters above zero the exceptional artist also stood on his head on the bicycle's steering fork.
- 2002 was followed by a further extraordinary endurance World Record. Falko Traber spent 13 days and nights, or 312 hours without interruption on the high wire, at an altitude of about 10 meters. Absolutely unique and sensational about this World Record: It took place under the open sky and a wildlife enclosure, in which several fully-grown, hungry white tigers had taken their abode. The animals surely would have liked to get a taste of the artist.
- 2006 he walked on the longest, freely-hanging ropeway in the world - the 3S-Umlaufbahn in Kitzbuehel at a height of 412 m.
16th In July 2007 Falko Traber
was in the "Globo" the largest Brazilian daily newspaper with his run on the cable car to Sugarloaf-mountain in Rio de Janeiro. Falko-Traber-Zuckerhut-Rio1.jpg
- Kabel1-life adventure-July 2007-report
- Aeschbacher Swiss television SF-January 2007-Falko Traber's guest in a talk broadcast Aeschbacher
- ORF Vienna by Prima Vera-December 2006
- Pro7 SAM-of December 2006-reportage of the Christmas man on the high wire
- Stern TV-October 2006 "walk on the wire rope of the Kitzbüheler 3S-Bahn on
- RTL-Explosiv - 02.11.06 - "Falko Traber in 412 m height on the rope"
- SAT1-Nachrichten - 02.11.06 - "Falko Traber on the ropeway in 412 m in Kitzbühl"
- SWR Night Cafe-15/09/06-'fate parents house "
- Discovery Channel Worldwide-2003 - "The best artists of the World"