Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum is a 10,500-seat multi-purpose arena in Auburn, Alabama. The arena opened in 1969. It is home to the Auburn University Tigers men's and women's basketball teams and women's gymnastics team. The building's exterior is primarily nondescript concrete, but its entry plaza is recognizable for the large "War Eagle" statue which also faces not only the rest of the university, but also nearby Jordan-Hare Stadium. A new arena is currently under construction.
The building was approved by the state legislature in 1965 to replace the Auburn Sports Arena, a small on-campus building in use from 1946 until the building of the Coliseum. The state supplied the majority of the funds, with the federal government, the University and an athletics department pledge drive making up the rest of the $6,033,597 needed. It was originally named the Memorial Coliseum, in memory of the Auburn war dead of the 20th century. In 1987, it was renamed for Joel H. Eaves, a former basketball player and coach who guided the Tigers to their first Southeastern Conference title in 1960 and is the school's all-time winningest coach. It received its current name six years later, adding the name of Jeff Beard, athletic director from 1951 to 1972 during some of Auburn's best years athletically.