(Empresa de Diamantes de Angola) is the national diamond
company of Angola
and it is the exclusive concessionary of mining rights
in the domain of diamonds. Arnaldo de Sousa Calado
is the president of the corporation. The company is based at the Edificio Endiama
; links are to the subsidiaries' pages at Endiam's main site:
Endiama's mining operations, each of which is a company in its own right:
- Associacao Chitotolo (35% ownership) located in N'Zagi - Lunda Norte; besides mining, Chitololo is involved in education via its Projecto Educar
- Sociedade de Desenvolvimento Mineiro (SDM) , in Cuango, 50% ownership in association with Odebrecht in Brasil.
- Sociedade Mineira de Catoca/Catoca 32.8%, in association with Almazzi Rossi and Alrosa in Russia, Daumonty Financing Company in Israel and Odebrecht Mining Services in Brasil.
- Sociedade Mineira do Angola, Lda (20%)
- Projecto Fucaúma/Fucauma diamond mine 40% owned in association with Trans Hex and others;
- Projecto Luarica/Luarica diamond mine 38% owned in association with Transhex, Micol and others
- Sociedade Mineira do Lucapa/SML 51% owned by Endiama, 49% owned by Sociedade Portuguesa de Empreendimentos/SPE; operations are located in the Chicapa River and Luachimo River basins.
- Sociedade Mineira do Camatchia-Camagico/LUÓ a joint venture formed in 2003 with Hipergesta, Angodiam and ESCOM-Alrosa/Espírito Santo and Alrosa.
- Alfa 5 diamond production
- Projecto Yetwene 50% owned, in association with Mining BV/Grupo Lev Leviev; located in the Camissombo exploration area in the province of Lunda Norte.