E. D. Hill
- For E. D. Hill, the American labor union president, see Edwin D. Hill.
(born Edith Ann Tarbox
on July 27
) is an American news anchor who works for Fox News Channel
Early life and career
A graduate of the University of Texas
with a bachelor's degree
, she is working on a master's degree
in government. She was a member of Delta Gamma Sorority. Hill won a local Emmy Award for Outstanding News Special while working for WHDH-TV
in Boston (1990-91), and has also received a Golden Quill Award for live spot news reporting.
Fox News Channel
Hill joined the network in 1998 as anchor for Fox and Friends
, which she was on from 1998 to 2006. Hill later moved to the 2:00 p.m. hour after serving as host of the 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon block of Fox News Live
from 2006 until her show America's Pulse was cancelled in 2008. She also co-hosted Bill O'Reilly's Radio Factor
for a while. Recently, she has filled in for Bill O'Reilly on The O'Reilly Factor.
In November 2005 Hill published a book entitled Going Places: How America's Best and Brightest Got Started Down the Road of Life, a collection of personality profiles.
Currently, Hill hosts the weekday 5 PM hour of America's Election Headquarters.
"Terrorist fist jab"
On June 6, 2008, Hill brought up the question of whether a fist bump
between Barack Obama
and his wife after the final 2008 Presidential Democratic primaries was a "terrorist fist jab." Hill, introducing an upcoming discussion before a commercial break, posited that some believed the gesture was either "A fist bump? A pound? [or] A terrorist fist jab?," but never explained the term when the segment continued after the break. The incident set off a mini-controversy among liberal bloggers and TV commentators. Hill apologized for her comments on June 10, claiming that she was describing the impressions of various other people, and not her own.
Later that same day, Fox News announced that Hill's show America's Pulse had been cancelled. Martha McCallum's show The Live Desk would become two hours, and Trace Gallagher would become a co-host with Martha.
Hill has been married three times. She is currently married to venture capitalist Joe Hill. She is the mother of five children and stepmother to her husband's three children from a previous marriage.
- (1984-1985) KDLH-TV, Duluth, MN - reporter/anchor
- (1986-1987) KXXV-TV, Waco, TX - reporter/anchor
- (1987-1987) VH-1 - VJ
- (1987-1987) WCBS-TV, New York, NY - news writer and producer
- (1987-1989) WPXI-TV, Pittsburgh, PA - anchor (as Edye Tarbox)
- (1989-1990) CBS News - business anchor, CBS Morning News
- (1990-1992) WHDH-TV, Boston, MA - anchor
- (1992-1995) WABC-TV, New York, NY - anchor and reporter
- (1998-1999) Fox News - anchor, Fox News Live
- (1999-2006) Fox News - co-host, Fox & Friends
- (2006-2007) Fox News - anchor, Fox News Live
- (2007-2008) Fox News - anchor, America's Pulse
- (2008-2009) Fox News - anchor, Fox News Channel