Maria Dorothea Luise Wilhelmine Caroline of Württemberg (1 November 1797 Carlsruhe (Pokój), Silesia, Poland - 30 March 1855 Budapest, Hungary) was the daughter of Duke Louis of Württemberg (1756-1817) and Princess Henriette of Nassau-Weilburg (1780-1857).
Maria Dorothea was born in Carlsruhe (Pokój), Silesia, now Poland.
She was the 3rd wife of Archduke Joseph, Palatine of Hungary, with whom she was married on 24 August 1819. They had five children:
- Archduchess Franziska Marie Elisabeth of Austria (31 July 1820, Buda - 23 August 1820 Buda).
- Archduke Alexander of Austria (6 June 1825, Buda - 12 November 1837, Buda)
- Archduchess Elisabeth Franziska of Austria, (17 January 1831, Ofen Hungary - 14 February 1903), Vienna Austria ; married 1) Archduke Ferdinand Karl Viktor of Austria-Este (1821-1849), and 2) Archduke Karl Ferdinand of Austria (1818-1874).
- Archduke Joseph Karl of Austria (2 March 1833, Preßburg, now Bratislava in Slovakia - 13 June 1905, Fiume, now Rijeka in Croatia).
- Archduchess Marie Henriette of Austria (August 23, 1836 - September 20, 1902), married King Leopold II of Belgium, had issue.
- Montgomery-Massingberd, Hugh. Burke's Royal Families of the World, Volume 1: Europe & Latin America (1977), London, UK: Burke's Peerage Ltd, page 22.