Dr. Ram Swaroop Harlal Sankhala was known as a professor in many international and Indian universities, born on November 211922.
He was born in Rajasthani Mali (Saini) Society with Gotra-Sankhala in the Royal city Jodhpur city of Rajasthan in India. He had five daughters out of which three are doctors and two sons out of which, one is Mr. Kapil Singh Sankhala (DANI-CS 1997 Batch.) He is married to Smt. Saroj R. Sankhala.
He did a lot of social service in his life after retirement. He used to publish a Hindi journal for society which was titled Pragatisheel Sainik Shatriya. He has written many research papers on different topics in organic chemistry and biochemistry. He has taught at many National and Aborad Universities in places such as Nigeria and England. He was also associated with the Biochemical Society.
- High School from Rajputana Board, Ajmer, India in 1942
- Intermediate in Science from Rajputana Board, Ajmer, India in 1944
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) from Banaras Hindu University,Varanasi in 1946
- Masters of Science (M.Sc) from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi in 1948
- Ph.D with Thesis: Microbial Production of Citric Acid from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi in 1951
- Ph.D with Thesis: A study of the Metabolic Products of Various Moulds from University of London, U.K in 1956
- A course in bacteriology (1948) from the Indian Institute of Sugar Technology, Kanpur
- A course in mycology (1953) from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Post-graduate course in biochemistry (1954) from University College of London
- Food analysis (1956-57) in The Laboratories, J.Lyons and Co. Ltd. London
- A course in micro and semi micro techniques (1958) from Norwood Technical College, London
- Forensic chemistry and toxicology (1958-59) from Chemistry Division, Ministry of Health, Kaduna, Northern Nigeria
- New research techniques (1965-66) from the Chemistry Department, University of Manchester, U.K
He has seven children; five daughters and two sons. Three daughters are doctors, and the other two are in the teaching field. Out of two sons, one has resigned from DANICS Service (1997 Batch) and CUSTOMS APPRAISER SERVICE (1993 Batch). The other is a financial adviser in various mutual fund schemes.
- Sankhala, R.H Intermediate Organic Chemistry Condensed (1953). Published by Sarala Press Banaras, India
- Sen, H.D and Sankhala, R.H. Citric Acid production by Aspergillus fumaricus Wehmer. The International Sugar Journal London (1953), 55, 273
- Varma, P.S and Sankhala, R.H. Citric Acid production by A.fumaricus Wehmer. ibid. (1954), 56, 162-3
- Sankhala, R.H Citric Acid production by A.fumaricus, Wehmer ibid. (1955)
- Sankhala, R.H The metabolic products of Penicillium viridicatum Westling. The Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, India (1957)
- Studies in the biochemistry of micro-organisms by: T. Rosett, R. H. Sankhala , C. E. Stickings, M. E. U. Taylor, and R. Thomas
- Sankhala,R.H Metabolic products of Penicillium restrictum. Accepted for publication by Indian Journal of Experimental Biology (1968)