"Dardanella" is a song written by Fred Fisher with music by Felix Bernard and Johnny S. Black. Written in 1919, its chorus is:
- Oh sweet Dardanella,
- I love your harem eyes,
- I'm a lucky fellow to capture such a prize,
- Oh Allah knows, my love for you
- And he tells you to be true, Dardanella,
- Oh hear my sigh, my Oriental,
- Oh sweet Dardanela, prepare the wedding wine,
- There'll be one girl in my harem, when you're mine.
- We'll build a tent
- Just like the children of the Orient.
- Fisher, Fred (w.); Felix Bernard/Johnny S. Black (m). "Dardanella" (Sheet Music). New York: McCarthy & Fisher (1919).