Covington Catholic High School (abbreivated CCH or CovCath) is a private, all-male high school in Park Hills, Kentucky. It was founded in 1925 by Bishop Francis W. Howard and Brother George Sauer. It is part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington.
The cornerstone was placed in 1954, and the first class graduated from the school in 1955. The class president was Edward Sessinger. The total cost of the building and property was $845,439.44, and was shared by the thirteen parishes.
The school gymnasium was dedicated on January 29, 1955 when the Purcell Marian High School Cavaliers played Covington Catholic in basketball. Later, through the efforts of the S.C.O.R.E. committee, Wooten Field was added for football, and the baseball field was completely rebuilt. In 1988, the Scott Knochelman Alumni Building was built to accommodate the growing needs of athletic teams. It includes a weight room, locker room, showers, and coaches offices.
In 2002, construction of the current building began directly behind the original structure, finishing in time for the start of the 2003-2004 school year. Since the new school has been built, renovations have been made to all facilities, including a state-of-the-art football field, a remodeled baseball complex, and a restructured gymnasium.
Baseball: 2002 2009
Football: 1987 1988 1993 1994 1997 2006 2009
Swimming: 1972 2009
Golf: 1969 1984 2009
Cross Country: 1982 1994 2009
Governor's Cup: 2009