Formerly known as the "Dundas Diversion", Cootes Drive is a city street in Dundas, Ontario, Canada (now part of the city of Hamilton). Its path leads from Main Street West (former Highways 2 and 8), past McMaster University, through Cootes Paradise to Dundas, where it feeds into King Street. It was the first divided dual-carriageway road built in Canada; completed in 1937, it predates the nearby Queen Elizabeth Way, which was still under construction at the time, with the name of ‘Middle Road’.
Cootes Drive is now signed as Hamilton Road 8. It was originally designated 8D (indicating that it was a diversion of Highway 8), then changed to the designation of Highway 102 in 1947, before being turned back to local authorities in 1964. The Highway 102 designation has since been reused on a different highway near Thunder Bay.
There is a shared pedestrian and bicycle path along its length, and GO Transit operate two regional coach routes from their McMaster University GO Bus Terminal on the east side of Cootes Drive, at the edge of the university’s campus.