Connecticut Transit (CT Transit) is a bus system serving much of the U.S. state of Connecticut and is a division of that state's Department of Transportation. CT Transit provides bus service via contract providers for seven different metropolitan areas in the state, mostly concentrated in Hartford and New Haven counties. CT Transit began operations in 1976.
CT Transit is arranged into multiple divisions:
- Hartford Division, the largest division of CT Transit, providing local and express bus service within Hartford County, connecting to the Pioneer Valley Transit Authority in Enfield, Connecticut near the state line, CT Transit Bristol Division at Westfarms Mall, and CT Transit New Britain Division in downtown New Britain. This division operates seven days a week.
- New Haven Division, serving the city of New Haven and nearby suburbs, with connections to the Greater Bridgeport Transportation Authority at Derby-Shelton Station, Milford Transit District and the Coastal Link at the Connecticut Post Mall, and CT Transit Waterbury Division. Service is provided seven days a week.
- Stamford Division, serving the Stamford area, with connections to the Bee-Line System in White Plains and Port Chester, Transport of Rockland in White Plains, and Norwalk Transit and the Coastal Link in Norwalk, Connecticut. Bus service is provided seven days a week.
- Waterbury Division, serving the city of Waterbury and immediate surrounding areas with local service Connections are available to New Haven Division in downtown Waterbury. Service is provided Monday through Saturday.
- New Britain and Bristol Divisions, providing local service in New Britain and Bristol and surrounding towns weekdays and Saturdays, with connections to CT Transit Hartford along the Berlin Turnpike, Westfarms Mall, and in downtown New Britain.
- Meriden Division, serving the city of Meriden with three local routes. Connections are available to Middletown Area Transit at the Meriden Railroad Station, and to the New Britain Division at Meriden Square Mall.
- Wallingford Division, a single loop around the city of Wallingford, Connecticut, connecting to CT Transit New Haven in downtown Wallingford.
||Other full-fare passes
||Other reduced fare passes |
- 1-day pass: 3.25
- 3-day pass: $7.50
- 5-day pass or 10-ride ticket: $11.25
- 7-day pass: $15.00
10-ride youth ticket: $9.00
10-ride senior/disabled ticket: $5.40|
|Hartford Express (routes 1-15)
- Zone 2: $2.25
- Zone 3: $2.95
- Zone 4: $3.60
Zone 2: $1.10
Zone 3: $1.45
Zone 4: $1.80
Zone 2: $77.00
Zone 3: $100.00
Zone 4: $122.00
Zone 2: $20.25
Zone 3: $26.50
Zone 4: $32.50|
- No discounted passes available
- 1-day pass: $5.00
- 10-ride ticket: $20.00
- The I-Bus all day pass is valid on local buses and the I-Bus.
- Express bus passes are valid on all local buses and express buses to the zone indicated.
- Transfers are free to any connecting local bus system.